WHAT TO EXPECT
Having been introduced to this vibrant cuisine by his wife, Jordan has spent years perfecting authentic Korean cooking, both in London and also in restaurants in Seoul and around Korea. The result? The multi-award winning cookbook – ‘Our Korean Kitchen’, a comprehensive bible of gorgeous recipes from up and down the peninsula – and now you have the chance to have them cooked for you by the authors!
THE FOOD – A SYRIAN TWIST ON KOREAN CLASSICS
As this supper club is in aid of #CookForSYRIA – we will be making use of some of the glorious flavouring ingredients of the region, such as pul biber and muhammara – which surprisingly, have many similarities with traditional Korean ingredients. The menu on the night will consist of:
- Kimchi pancake with soy and pul biber chilli dipping sauce
- Stir fried sweet potato noodles and vegetables
- Marinated Beef and Lettuce Wraps with Pickled Onion, Charred Garlic, Samjang/Muhammara Sauce and Sticky Rice
- Tofu with fried kimchi and pork belly
- Banchan – traditional side dishes of kimchi and seasoned vegetables and pickles
- Korean stuffed pancakes with Syrian pistachio nuts, cinnamon and ice cream
Jordan and Rejina are delighted to be collaborating with a number of very generous people to host this event, Cocina Shoreditch are kindly offering up their beautiful supper club and event space for the evening and Korea Foods will be donating some of the ingredients for the event. We are also delighted to be working with Trapiche who are kindly donating all of the wines for sale on the evening – so that as much money as possible can go towards #CookForSYRIA.
- Unit 4
45a Tudor RoadLondon E9 7SN
DATES & TIMES
- Thursday 17th November 2016, 7pm.
- If you would like to be the first to be notified of future dates, please subscribe to the newsletter at the base of this email.
- Tickets are £40 per person and sold on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
- Please select the quantity of tickets you would like to purchase and follow the ‘secure’ payment instructions.
- Trapiche Wines have very kindly donated some of their best wines for us to sell on the night.
WHAT IS #CookForSYRIA
#CookForSYRIA is a nation-wide fundraising initiative curated by Clerkenwell Boy in collaboration with SUITCASE Magazine, Gemma Bell PR and Next Generation London. The month-long campaign focused around Syrian cuisine will encourage everyone from the UK’s top chefs to people at home to cook and raise money in aid of Unicef UK’s Children of Syria Fund. There are hopes that the initiative will then be continued globally. For more information on #CookForSyria, click here.
- Cancellations are accepted up to 1 week in advance of the event with a full refund.
- Cancellations 7 – 3 days prior to the event (not including the event day) will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made within 3 days of the event will not be refunded.
- Unfortunately no exceptions can be made.
ALLERGIES AND DIETARY REQUESTS
- Vegetarians – we are happy to accommodate vegetarians. If you are vegetarian please notify us in writing via email at the time of booking. We cannot guarantee a vegetarian option if we are not notified in advance.
- Coeliacs and gluten intolerances – unfortunately, due to the nature of Korean food which relies on the use of flavouring ingredients like soy sauce and chili or miso paste, all of which contain gluten, we regretfully cannot accommodate any coeliacs or those with gluten intolerances.